Created in 1985 and based in Issy-les-Moulineaux, Sogetrel is a leading French specialist in the design, installation and maintenance of outdoor communication networks (Fiber and Copper networks). The Group has established itself as the preferred partner of major public and private telecommunication operators, as well as local authorities, notably in the deployment of very high-speed networks.
Ownership: (percentage of interest)
Turnover: ca. (2022)
Date of acquisition
Leading French specialist in the design, installation and maintenance of outdoor communication networks
Sogetrel provides two types of services: Design & Build (D&B) consisting in system or solution engineering and deployment, and Digital Field Services (DFS), consisting in various and diversified field interventions related to user connection, equipment maintenance, system operation, or system upgrade services.
The Group has also expanded over the last years into the non-residential Electronic Security & Smart City markets:
- Security: Sogetrel provides integration & installation of electronic security systems and remote surveillance services for clients requiring high confidentiality missions.
- Smart City Solutions: Sogetrel leverages the Group’s expertise in the previous fields (smart sensors, smart grid, Electric Vehicle charging stations, Public Wi-Fi etc.).
- Investment in one of the largest French actors in the design, installation, and maintenance of communication networks markets benefiting from increase in data usage (data traffic per capita was expected to increase by 23% per year by 2022) and in “very high broad band” use cases.
- Sogetrel has an ambitious diversification plan and is well positioned to further strengthen its position:
- in the security market, it already stands among the top 10 players on the most dynamic market segments of Video Surveillance Access Control
- in the Smart City market, leveraging its solid experience on telecom networks so as to cover major aspects of smart city use cases (smart parking, energy efficiency, pollution control…)
- Sogetrel is expanding in the fields of electronic security solutions integration with the acquisition of Eryma and in IT and digital solutions with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Interway Group. The Group is also developing its digital infrastructure services business through the acquisition of ESDI (service desk) and Clipper (field services)
- Sogetrel was able to complete its first acquisition in Germany in 2022, allowing it to further diversify its activities in a market where fibre optics networks are expected to develop strongly over the coming years
- Significant development of diversification activities towards the non-residential Electronic Security & Smart City markets
- Enhanced diversification of the customer base over the last few years