Salice is a leading Italian manufacturer of furniture hinges and adjacent high-quality functional hardware components for the high-end furniture industry. Founded in 1926 by Arturo Salice, the Group has three production sites in Italy and is present across the globe with 12 foreign subsidiaries.
Turnover: approx. (2022)
Date of acquisition
Leading Italian manufacturer of furniture hinges and adjacent functional hardware components for the high-end furniture industry
The company started as a specialized producer of hinges focused on the premium furniture segment but successfully entered in adjacent markets for guides, sliding systems and accessories, thereby creating a comprehensive offering of high-quality products for manufacturers of kitchen furniture as well as producers of furniture cabinets and wardrobes. Salice holds a well-established position worldwide with a balanced sales mix across North America, Europe and Asia.
- Excellent design and innovation capabilities focused on premium products providing Salice with a strong positioning to benefit from the ongoing trends towards high-quality furniture
- State-of-the-art vertical integrated production facilities enabling superior reliability and flexibility to react to changing market requirements
- Premium positioning on mission-critical products coupled with long-standing customer relationships providing strong entry barriers
- Opportunity to continue geographical expansion and to accelerate cross-selling opportunities with adjacent premium products
- Primary deal situation with significant operational improvements achievable in the near-term
- Transitioning from founder management to new external management
- Implementing new reporting structures and standards across the group
- New sales organization with improved incentive structure and stronger presence in growing end markets