Foyer S.A. is an independent financial group and market leader in the Luxembourg insurance industry with a strong presence in domestic non-life insurance, domestic and international life insurance as well as wealth management in the Benelux region.
Since its foundation in 1922, Foyer has been the market leader in the Luxembourg insurance industry and is now present in several European countries.
Foyer’s strengths include:
- Family shareholder structure and strong local anchorage;
- Strong brand;
- Outstanding service quality;
- Broad agent network;
- Dynamic management of its asset portfolio while maintaining high levels of shareholder funds.
Luxempart investment case is based upon supporting management with our hands-on, long-term private equity approach in order to shape and execute the strategy of Foyer. Priorities are strengthening its local market leadership, digitalizing its business model in order to further improve service quality for clients and agents and overall efficiency, develop its international activities and improve its capital efficiency.
What has been achieved since investment
- Reinforced governance by strengthening the board of directors with independent experts
- Implemented management succession with independent management team
- Enlarged service offering with the acquisition of Capital at Work (Wealth Management) and Wealins (Life Insurance)
- Further strengthened market position in Luxembourg
- Entered into several niche markets to expand growth opportunities beyond Luxembourg (non-life insurance in Belgium, international health insurance for expatriates)