ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH
ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH is a provider of development, testing and maintenance services for complex electronic and IT systems, primarily for the public sector and public authorities in the areas of security and defence.
Turnover : (2021)
Date of acquisition
One of the leading German process and technology companies for the design, integration and operation of complex, security-related electronic and IT systems.
Our investment thesis is built on several attractive attributes:
- Excellent positioning in future-oriented areas and major projects already launched
- High barriers of entry due to necessary certifications (e.g. in the aviation sector)
- Historically grown customer relationships and diversified, long-term oriented blue-chip customer structure in both the public sector and industrial sectors
- Rising spending in all end markets driven by technological megatrends as a basis for organic growth
- The ongoing consolidation trends in Europe on both the demand and the supply side
- Strategic review finalised in 2021 with definition of 6 core pillars for future growth
- Focusing of the business through sale of Radar Services and Quantum Systems in 2022
- Investment in digitalisation / cyber security and internal controlling / reporting systems