Assmann Group is a leading supplier of server, network and peripheral infrastructure products and solutions based in Germany with a direct component sourcing know-how in Asia and a Pan-European distribution infrastructure.
Partner up with a second generation family entrepreneur in a primary deal to support the transition from a family-led to an independently managed company. Assmann’s growth is supported by:
- Attractive target addressable market with high single digit growth rates and reasonably high barriers to entry;
- Omni-channel distribution mainly through indirect sales (85%) which allow for recurring revenue streams and limited reliance on individual clients or project-related revenues;
- Best-in-class operating model with ability to guarantee quality, regulatory compliance, availability and just-in-time delivery;
- Full digitalisation allowing to serve clients and manage the company efficiently.
The partnership with Luxempart allows Assmann Group to continue its growth story with a new strategic plan which is centred around further strengthening the product offering and geographical footprint supported by opportunistic M&A
What has been achieved since investment
- Reinforced governance by institutionalizing and strengthening the Board with an independent chairman and independent sector expert
- Implemented management succession with recruitment / onboarding of a new CEO and reinforced management team with outside recruitments to complement the existing team
- Strategic review by the board with focus on organic growth through new products and geographies (greenfield & selective M&A) as well as developing more value-adding and advisory-intensive business with TelCo operators in FTTX
- Integration of subsidiaries ongoing